Ecumen Hospice - North Branch is currently seeking an on-call, every other weekend Registered Nurse (RN) to join its growing team providing services in Chisago county and surrounding communities! At Ecumen Hospice, our team cares deeply about providing patient centered care that empowers and honors all individuals we serve. The care and comfort we provide communicates to our patients that each person continues to have great significance and deserves respect and honor in this season of life.
Ecumen has been consistently recognized as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Registered Nurse (RN)-Hospice works from home and is responible for the delivery of patient care including; triageing patient needs over the phone, making visits to patients with changing conditions, and performing admissions as necessary.
Essential job responsibilities include:
1. Receive and responds to phone calls during assigned shifts as well as making visits to patients with changing conditions, and completing weekend admissions.
2. Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness.
3. Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
4. Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
5. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
6. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
7. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
This position requires a person who is a graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing as well as a current license, in good standing, to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state in which employed. One to two years of nursing experience in post-acute care is required. One to two years of recent nursing experience in Medicare Hospice is preferred.
All employees must possess the ability to communicate effectively, including written and verbal skills; work well, both individually and as part of a team, through respect, collaboration and dedication; and successfully interact with a diverse culture base. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently, and demonstrate a positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify and pre-employment drug testing.