The Hospice Sales and Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in hospice census growth by providing customer service and education to potential Ecumen Hospice internal and external referral sources. The position is responsible for scheduling and conducting effective presentations of Ecumen Hospice’s services to physicians, discharge planners, and long term care facility staff as well as individuals who may be in need hospice services. The position will work with Ecumen Marketing and Communications leadership to develop and produce appropriate Ecumen Hospice materials as needed.
Primary Job Responsibilities for the Hospice Sales and Marketing Specialist:
- Visits referred patients on site to review needs and orders. Provides patient, family, and caregiver with education on hospice and encourages informed decision making. Participates in health and wellness events in an effort to bring awareness to Ecumen Hospice by potential referral sources.
- Assists with referral information intake as needed, and collects pertinent documentation necessary to schedule patients for admission.
- Develops, monitors and implements annual Marketing Outreach Plan.
- Effectively forecasts trends and develops strategies for engaging with the health care community.
- Participates in other outreach activities such as event planning as needed. Such activities shall not supersede this position’s core community education, liaison and outreach activities designed to increase the members in our community who are educated about home care and about our agency’s superior services.
- Assists in creating innovative collateral and promotional items, web-site and social media content adhering to Ecumen Brand Standards.
- Ensures marketing resources are on hand and available for events as needed (i.e. displays, collateral, sign-in sheets, door prizes, etc).
- Builds and monitors community, customer, and patient perceptions of Ecumen Hospice as an innovative high quality provider of hospice care.
- Maintains a daily log of activity on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and ensures content is accurate and current.
- Develops effective programs designed at improving team members’ understanding of the community education, liaison and outreach process.
- Provides leadership in strategic planning including identifying opportunities for additional or improved services to address customer needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities for all Ecumen Positions:
1. Acting with Honor and Character
- Ethics and Values: Engages in open and honest dialogue with others. Treats individuals respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Integrity and Trust. Shows consistency between words and actions. Protects confidential (and sensitive) information. Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
2. Honoring Brand
- Personal Alignment: Models commitment to Ecumen's mission, vision, values. Demonstrates an understanding of how their role contributes and adds value to their business unit and Ecumen.
- Drive and Initiative: Sets high standards for his or her performance. Accepts responsibility for taking initial action.
3. Creating the new and different
- Creativity: Is willing to challenge the status quo. Encourages others to try new methods and approaches. Supports his/her team, even when the initial efforts are unsuccessful.
- Customer and Team Focus: Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Involves others in shaping plans and making decisions that affect them. Uses customer perspective, feedback and data for decision making and improvements in service delivery. Reliably and consistently demonstrates timely follow through and responsiveness to customer needs and requests. Champions initiatives that drive increased customer satisfaction.