Ecumen Bethany seeks a Dining Director to join its team. Ecumen Bethany consists of 159 independent living and assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 23 suites for guests receiving short term rehabilitation services, 60 suites for long term nursing care residents and is located in Alexandria, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Dining Director responsibilities include:
1. Ensures quality meals are prepared, cooked, and served to residents, families, guests and employees.
2. Creates menus that enhance the dining experience for the people we serve using knowledge of nutrition and special diets and input from residents. Nursing Home – Menus are prepared in advance and reviewed by a Registered Dietitian.
3. Completes nutrition assessment and documents in the resident’s medical record. Educates resident on nutrition and healthy eating options.
4. Ensures the staff maintain a clean sanitary work area, comply with state and federal rules and regulations, and follow established policies, procedures and practices of the facility.
5. Assists all workers and positions in the dining department; identifies what needs to be done and assists as needed.
6. Monitors food and supply inventory levels and ordering.
7. Hires, supervises, trains and mentors dining staff as well as maintaining adequate staffing.
8. Partners with department leaders to maintain awareness of facility special events and activities to ensure adequate product and labor are available.
9. Prepares annual budget for dining department and operates dining room within this budget.
10. Other duties as assigned.
As an employee of Bethany, you may be required to drive frequently (weekly) for businesses purposes. This may include workshops, training, errands and lab draw runs.
Responsibilities for all Ecumen Positions:
1. Acting with Honor and Character
2. Honoring Brand
3. Creating the new and different
Minimum Required Qualifications: High School graduate or GED Certified Food Manager in accordance with MN Department of Health or Certified Diet Manager Food service management experience Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable) Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
Preferred Qualifications: Registered Dietitian, Licensed in the state employed Bachelor’s degree in Management or similar Previous experience in providing food service management in a senior living environment. Previous experience in inventory control, food cost analysis, menu planning, event planning.
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify and pre-employment drug testing.