Provides resident assistance with non-clinical needs at nursing stations and in resident rooms, under the direction of the clinical staff. Position is intended for individuals who are waiting to enter into or who are currently enrolled in Nursing Assistant Training Courses.
Responsibilities for the Unit Assistant Position:
- Responds to call lights, tends to resident requests that do not require hands-on care. will promptly report to a Nursing Assistant or other appropriate clinical staff if the clinet's request will require hands-on direct care (i.e. lifting, transferring, feeding, assistance to toilet, putting on or removing clothing, etc.).
- Passes ice water and assists with passing of meal trays, following appropriate guidelines, such as thickened liquid policy. May not directly feed residents unless they have completed appropriate feeding coursework.
- Assists with transporting residents to dining rooms.
- Maintains ward order, makes beds, stocks linen carts, transports dirty linen to laundry.
- Assists with transporting clients in wheelchairs to dining rooms and recreation events. Assists residents at recreational events, and performs 1:1 activities or visits with residents as directed.
- Goes to medical appointments with clients who will not need hands on assistance during the transportation or the clinic appointment.
- Maintains resident dignity, privacy, confidentiality and respect - consistent with resident rights.
- Maintains safe and sanitary halls, resident rooms, closets, bathrooms, tub/shower areas, utility rooms, dining rooms and lounge areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities for all Ecumen Positions:
1. Acting with Honor and Character
- Ethics and Values: Engages in open and honest dialogue with others. Treats individuals respectfully, professionally and fairly.
- Integrity and Trust. Shows consistency between words and actions. Protects confidential (and sensitive) information. Effectively handles emotions, including anger and frustration.
2. Honoring Brand
- Personal Alignment: Models commitment to Ecumen's mission, vision, values. Demonstrates an understanding of how their role contributes and adds value to their business unit and Ecumen.
- Drive and Initiative: Sets high standards for his or her performance. Accepts responsibility for taking initial action.
3. Creating the new and different
- Creativity: Is willing to challenge the status quo. Encourages others to try new methods and approaches. Supports his/her team, even when the initial efforts are unsuccessful.
- Customer and Team Focus: Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Demonstrates effective listening skills. Involves others in shaping plans and making decisions that affect them. Uses customer perspective, feedback and data for decision making and improvements in service delivery. Reliably and consistently demonstrates timely follow through and responsiveness to customer needs and requests. Champions initiatives that drive increased customer satisfaction.